Health Coach & Co-Founder of Warrior Women Worldwide Virginia Coates shared her amazing (gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!) Crunchie Bar Cheesecake recipe with us and all of a sudden we’re feeling very hungry…
These delicious bakes are inspired by one of my favourite childhood chocolate treat- The Crunchie Bar! I love these little nibbles and they are perfect desserts for a weekend dinner party or just to enjoy on a quiet night in. It’s naturally sweetened, insanely rich but full of whole raw ingredients.
- 1 cup of dates.
- 1 1/2 cups of walnuts.
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt or sea salt.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup stevia or date nectar.
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon of honeycomb pieces.
- 3/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate.
- Add cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let set, uncovered, for 1 hour. Then drain thoroughly. Grab a loaf tin and line it with greaseproof paper.
- Create the crust by adding dates to a food processor. Blend until small bits remain or it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Add walnuts and sea salt to the food processor and process. Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms – it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers.
- Press the crust into the parchment-lined loaf tin. Set crust in freezer to set.
- Next make date caramel by adding 3/4 cup dates to the food processor. Blend until a paste forms, then add hot water a little at a time until it forms a nice caramel-like paste that’s spreadable. Set aside.
- Add your drained, soaked cashews to a high speed blender, along with vanilla, agave syrup, almond milk, sea salt, oil, and lemon juice. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour filling over the crust. Then add half of the date caramel in small spoonfuls and swirl with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the honeycomb on top. Freeze for 4-6 hours, or until completely set and firm.
- When ready to serve, set out cheesecake (to thaw briefly) and top with remaining date paste and a few more honeycomb pieces.
- In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate and sprinkle.
- Store leftovers in the freezer up to 3 weeks.